Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging Guiding Principles
The Geneva Foundation (Geneva) encourages everyone to bring their authentic, best selves to work every day. Geneva is committed to creating an environment where employees feel respected and included for their individual identities, backgrounds, perspectives, and passions. Through these efforts, employees feel valued, empowered to share their opinions, comfortable and safe being who they genuinely are. Together, through our diverse voices, we inspire each other, innovate, and use our influence to support the prevention of systemic inequities (related to disabilities, gender, race, and socioeconomic status, etc.) at Geneva and within our research community.
- Inclusion – All voices are heard, respected, and there is a feeling of belonging.
- Diversity – There are people with visible and invisible differences in all job levels throughout Geneva.
- Equity – Work policies, processes, and practices are communicated and applied fairly to provide opportunities for all employees, particularly underrepresented groups.
- Belonging – Support is sensed by being welcomed to participate, safety among colleagues, and security in people’s roles. Feelings of empowerment and value are detected through measurable and immeasurable means.
- Accessibility – Successful performance and engagement are achieved by reducing physical, technological, and systemic barriers.
- Leadership – Everyone at Geneva leads. We are allies who identify, address, and educate others about preventing institutionalized injustices.
For additional information regarding our DEI&B commitment, please contact our committee chair Melissa Beale at mbeale@genevaUSA.org.