The overall goal of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to encourage research to:
- Generate a mechanistic understanding of the metabolic processes that support robust anti-tumor immune responses in vivo,
- Determine how the metabolic landscape of the tumor microenvironment affects immune effector functions, and
- Use this information to manipulate (reprogram) the metabolic pathways used by the tumor, the immune response, or both to improve cancer immunotherapy.
- Pre-Application Submission: N/A
- Application Submission: 5:00 PM local time of applicant organization, Feb. 5, 2017; Jun. 5, 2017; Oct. 5, 2017; Feb. 5, 2018; Jun. 5, 2018; Oct. 5 2018; Feb. 5, 2019; Jun. 5, 2019
Companion funding opportunity:
Any individual(s) with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research as the Program Director(s)/Principal Investigator(s) (PD(s)/PI(s)) is invited to work with his/her organization to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH support.