Addressing Health Disparities in NIDDK Diseases
This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) invites research projects to improve understanding of the causes of high priority diseases in the United States and reducing/eliminating health disparities.
Research is encouraged in the following high priority diseases within the scientific mission areas of the NIDDK:
- nutrition-related disorders
- hepatitis C
- gallbladder disease
- H. Pylori infection
- sickle cell disease, specifically, studies in complications within the NIDDK mission areas
- kidney diseases
- urologic diseases
- hematologic diseases, including studies in abnormal hemoglobin synthesis
- metabolic diseases
- renal complications from infection with HIV
Clinical trials are not permitted in response to this FOA.
- Pre-Application Submission: N/A
- Application Submission: 5:00 PM local time of applicant organization, Feb. 5, 2017; Jun. 5, 2017; Oct. 5, 2017; Feb. 5, 2018; Jun. 5, 2018; Oct. 5 2018; Feb. 5, 2019; Jun. 5, 2019; Oct. 5, 2019
Any individual(s) with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research as the Program Director(s)/Principal Investigator(s) (PD(s)/PI(s)) is invited to work with his/her organization to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH support.