Enhancing the Target and Biomarker Discovery Efforts of the AMP-AD and M2OVE-AD Consortia (R01)
This funding opportunity invites applications by investigators within the AMP-AD and M2OVE Consortia as well as investigators working on other complementary programs to enhance the synergy between the two Consortia and/or complementary programs, maximize the usability of the rich datasets and analytical results being generated therein, and accelerate the efforts to characterize and validate the targets and biomarkers being discovered within the AMP-AD and M2OVE Consortia.
Among the topics appropriate for this initiative are:
- Enhancing the integration and harmonization of the rich datasets being generated by the parent projects
- Increasing the interoperability of the AMP-AD Knowledge Portal with other NIA/NIH big data infrastructure
- Developing data visualization interfaces and tools to enable biologists and clinicians to interact with the rich datasets and network models being developed by the parent projects
- Applying new computational approaches to the rich datasets generated by the AMP-AD and M2OVE-AD Consortia to discover predictive biomarkers for patient stratification and translatable biomarkers that can guide therapy development for the novel targets
- Generating additional layers of omics data using the human and cell/animal model biosamples being collected through the parent awards to enhance the precision of the predictive modeling and to enable discovery of various types of predictive biomarkers
- Single-cell profiling to detect transcriptomic changes at the single-cell level in the same brains in which tissue-level profiles are already being generated
- Experimental validation of the therapeutic targets and replication/qualification of the biomarkers discovered within the AMP-AD/M2OVE-AD programs
- Development of chemical probes and high-throughput assays needed to advance the novel therapeutic targets
- Pre-Application Submission: N/A
- Application Submission: 5:00 PM local time of applicant organization, Feb. 3, 2017
Any individual(s) with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research as the Program Director(s)/Principal Investigator(s) (PD(s)/PI(s)) is invited to work with his/her organization to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH support.