This Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) encourages applications to support the optimization of monoclonal antibodies (mAb) or mAb derivatives that recognize and eliminate cells comprising the HIV reservoir.
This FOA will support applications that propose hypothesis-driven mechanistic studies aimed at the optimization of mAb or mAb derivatives that recognize and eliminate cells comprising the HIV reservoir. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Generation of HIV-specific mAb or mAb derivatives with:
- Improved Fab function to increase specificity, potency, avidity and breadth
- Improved Fc effector function to eliminate cells expressing HIV proteins
- Increased half-life and biodistribution
- Studies of polyreactivity, autoreactivity (e.g. cross reactivity to human adult and fetal tissue) and immunogenicity (e.g. anti-antibodies)
- Assessments of pharmacokinetics and efficacy (i.e. capacity of individual products or combinations of products to eliminate active and reactivating HIV reservoirs) in appropriate animal models
For the purposes of this FOA, the following HIV-specific mAb or mAb derivatives are within scope:
- Broadly neutralizing or non-neutralizing mAb
- Bispecific and multi-specific mAb
- mAb conjugated to other proteins, peptides, or compounds
• Pre-Application Submission Deadline: 30 days before application submission due date
• Application Submission Deadline: 5:00 PM local time of applicant organization, Jan.10, 2017; May 9, 2017; Jan. 9, 2018; May 8, 2018; Jan. 9, 2019
Any individual(s) with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research as the Program Director(s)/Principal Investigator(s) (PD(s)/PI(s)) is invited to work with his/her organization to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH support.