Stimulating Innovations in Behavioral Intervention Research for Cancer Prevention and Control
The purpose of this Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to provide support for the development of innovative interventions that improve cancer-related health behaviors across diverse racial/ethnic populations. Specifically, this FOA is intended to stimulate research aimed at
1) testing new theories and conceptual frameworks;
2) developing and evaluating novel strategies to improve cancer-related health behaviors;
3) investigating multi-level and multi-behavioral approaches; and
4) utilizing innovative research designs, methodologies, and technologies.
The cancer-related health behaviors to be targeted are diet, obesity, physical activity and sedentary behavior, smoking, sleep and circadian dysfunction, alcohol use, and/or adherence to cancer-related medical regimens. Research can involve any aspect of the cancer continuum and any phase of the translational spectrum.
- Pre-Application Submission: N/A
- Application Submission: 5:00 PM local time of applicant organization, Feb. 16, 2017; Jun. 16, 2017; Oct. 16, 2017; Feb. 16, 2018; Jun. 16, 2018; Oct. 16, 2018; Feb. 16, 2019
Any individual(s) with the skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research as the Program Director(s)/Principal Investigator(s) (PD(s)/PI(s)) is invited to work with his/her organization to develop an application for support. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups as well as individuals with disabilities are always encouraged to apply for NIH support.